My New Revival Project

  I read an article recently about a program that takes children's art and makes it into realistic versions. That, coupled with my recent re-do of my "Mother Nature's Kisses" that I originally painted two years ago, got me thinking. It inspired me to go through my paintings that I did when I was a kid, and see if there were any I could revive and make realistic versions of now that I am an adult. 


"Revival Painting Comparison, The first was done when I was 13!!
  This project is really exciting because it takes the simplicity of my childhood imagination to a whole new level. It brings me back to my roots. It is fun to see where my style started and to see how I've grown as an artist. It's interesting to see the things that I use to come up with. I would sit for hours painting, making things up from my head, and it has been inspirational to revisit those ideas. 
Original version 11"x17" Acrylic on Cardstock  Shana L Rowe Jackson 2001
    I have done one painting so far. I chose a landscape to keep it simple this time, just to test the waters and see how things go. I chose a painting that I did when I was 13 years old of an old red barn. What struck me the most about this painting was the sky and the grass. When I was 13 I went through a big sky faze where I practiced cloud formations everyday, that practice still helps me today.

Revival-"A Warm Welcome" 24"x30" on Canvas Shana L Rowe Jackson 2013
   The original was done in acrylic on 11"x17" card stock. I chose to use oil on a 24"x30" canvas for the revival. I was stoked to see my results with this first painting, it was fun to get back to the basics. I added a few touches, like trees and a rock to balance the composition, which all fits into the theme of a more realistic version of the original painting. So far this experiment has been successful and I cannot wait to do another. Keep your eyes open because there will be more to come from this project!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience with Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils

Crayola Crayons are Still the Bomb

Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Matt Review