Ready For Spring!!

  I live in Maine, which is a wonderful place to be an artist. The different seasons are a great backdrop for new inspiration, and it's nice to have the change in scenery. However, winter seems to run on forever!! I love winter don't get me wrong, the snow is beautiful, the cool crisp air, it is a magical time of year. By February though, I am ready for spring. It could be that the snow is all brown from the plows, or the fact that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired (flu season, ick!!) or it may be the fact that days are finally getting longer so I know spring is around the corner and it makes me want it that much more!!! Spring and fall tend to be my favorite seasons anyway, the colors are vibrant,(makes for fun and dynamic paintings!!) both seasons mean big changes and neither are too hot or too cold.  
  
  Lately I have been inspired to work on spring, and even some summer artwork. This is not unusual for me, it seems my inspiration "clock" is always a month or two a head, it's not unheard of for me to paint a Halloween image in August for example. This is not all bad as far as online marketing goes because it gives search engines more time to pick up on your work and boosting them forward in time for the actual season/holiday. It also is good for the same reasons that retail put seasonal inventory out so early. Putting merchandise in the public eye early will get them thinking about the upcoming season, and make them feel a crunch for time even if there is none, this, of course, works best as far as holiday shopping goes. This gets people shopping earlier, which in the long run makes shoppers spend more as they will likely be shopping all throughout the season instead of just one time last minute trip. 
   
  These are not the reasons I create so early however, though it is a perk. My art is directly connected with my mood, and what inspires me at the moment. I am more into creating for the sheer love of it than anything, and expressing myself through paint. My artwork speaks directly to what is going on in my mind at the time, whether it be a season, a song or a dream I had the night before. I get inspired in many ways, even if it doesn't match up with a current trend or season. If I am ready for spring, it is likely to show up on the canvas no matter what time of year it is. My only hope is that others will see my work and be able to connect with it, and relate to it. Here are some of my spring paintings, some from this year and some from last. I hope they brighten up your day!! Here's hoping for an early spring!!!
Free as Spring Flowers-2013

Ms. Monarch and Her Ladybug Friends-2013

EGGstatic!-2013

Somewhere Under the Rainbow-2012

Garden Party-2012

Khaki Pants and Flipflops-2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience with Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils

Crayola Crayons are Still the Bomb

Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Matt Review