Finally broke down and made a Blog!! Glad to be here!!


  I have been thinking about doing a blog for sometime now, but was worried I wouldn't have anything to say. Also, I am not the best at spelling (You have been warned ;) ) So never really thought this would be my thing. My main reason to have blog is to help promote and share my artwork with my fans, and give them a chance to get to know me better. Then I thought about it and realized that I LOVE talking about my art and art in general so why not start a blog?

"New England Drive" 18"x24" acrylic © Shana L Rowe Jackson 2011
  I guess I will start by stating a little bit about myself and my journey as an artist. I have been an artist for as long as I remember, in fact I was already showing signs of the "art bug" before I was out of diapers. I don't remember ever wanting to be anything but an artist. I started documenting my artwork in scrapbooks by the time I was eight years old, because I knew I would want to look back someday as a famous artist and see how much I had grown. My journey in the art world in many ways is still just beginning, I am self taught and learning everyday. Soaking things up like a sponge. Despite my life long love of art, I only just a couple years ago decided to sell my art. Marketing art is vastly different then creating it that is for sure, but I don't mind the hard work. I owe it to my art to show it to the world.
  Creating; being an artist, is more than what I do, it is who I am. There was a short period, of about two years, where I had only created 3 or 4 pieces. I was busy, "Life" got in the way, work got in the way etc. Then shortly after I met my husband in October of 2010 I picked up my paintbrush again, I have created 254 pictures since then. It's amazing how unhappy I was before without even knowing it. Sometimes you go through life blind, just going through the motions, because you are doing what you have to. Then one day you wake up and realize how unhappy you had been. That was me. Now that I have found my creativity again, I can't imagine going back. Art is therapy, it is expression, with out it I don't know who I am.


"Where the Fairies Play" 20"x20" Acrylic © Shana L Rowe Jackson 2011
  Since my little wake up call my life as a whole has been better. I have goals that go further then just paying this months rent. I have something to look forward to. A purpose. I do a variety of subjects in a variety of mediums. Art is like an adventure to me. All my artwork speaks about who I am in some way even if one piece seems vastly different then the next. They are all a part of me. I hope you enjoy following along in my art adventures. I will be blogging about my new works, my series works, art shows and new things that I have learned and hopefully I will inspire others to 
follow their dreams!!!  






Go To My Website :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience with Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils

Crayola Crayons are Still the Bomb

Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Matt Review