Crayola Crayons are Still the Bomb

   If you have been following me for a while, then you probably know that I recently tried the Caran d' Ache Neocolor I Wax Pastels for the first time (To see the review of the Caran d' Ache Neocolors feel free to click here.) These are essentially artist-grade crayons. While working with them they gave me that old familiar feeling from childhood, the one we all know too well. The feeling of coloring with Crayola crayons!


  This got me aching to try a piece using just Crayolas. So, that's just what I did! To further challenge myself I also decided to limit what kind of paper and supplemental tools I could use. I limited myself to doing my preliminary sketch with a number 2 pencil and blending with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. I also decided to get innovative and used masking tape to lift out certain details. For the support, I used...that's right, none other than the famous Crayola construction paper! This took me straight back to kindergarten and I loved every red-hot minute of it. I was especially moved by the smell of the crayons and paper, which really hit me right in the nostalgia bone!


  If you would like to see more of my process while creating this piece watch the video below!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience with Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils

Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Matt Review