Being Thankful

  This time of year really gets one thinking about what is most important in life. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, a time to get together with family, and count your blessings. This month I decided that each day I would post something I am thankful for on Facebook. Some days were more challenging than others because I have been so busy lately, but I feel that is one of the reasons that made this exercise so important. No matter what is going on in life, I feel there is always something to be thankful for. I have been very blessed, and know that know matter how hard life seems at the time, there is always someone out there who has it harder. 

"Thanksgiving Dinner" © Shana L Rowe Jackson 2011
   There is something to be said for having a positive outlook on life. Negativity gets you no where. When you are stuck in a negative state of mind, you can't see beyond your own fears and dismay, and often miss out on opportunities. Nothing bad can come from a positive attitude. Even if it doesn't move mountains, it doesn't hold them back either. This is something that I personally have figured out the hard way. For a long time now I have been on a personal journey to better myself as a person. This journey has taken a lot of directions, and I am still moving. From bettering my attitude and cutting negative people out of my life, to losing weight and being healthy, to treating people better, to working harder to better myself as an artist. I am working on being the best, well rounded me that I can be.
"Before The Music Died"© Shana L Rowe Jackson 2011
   This journey has helped me dive deeper into myself, and learn more about who I am on the inside. A big part of this journey has been to learn to love what I already have. I'm not rich in the long run, but in many ways I have a fortune. I have a passion that I am able to hone in on, I have a wonderful husband who is my biggest fan, I have family and life long friends who love me. One of the most important things I have figured out about myself is that I have strength. I have grown a lot and continue to do so. I like who I am as a person now, which has been the biggest challenge of all. 
"The Journey" © Shana L Rowe Jackson 2013
   All in all this has been a very challenging year, but in the long run that is where one finds their strength. My husband was out of work for a while, my day job has been crazy, we are just now financially getting caught up. Through out all that though, I know when I sit down at the table with my family tomorrow, I will have no trouble remembering what I have to be thankful for!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience with Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils

Crayola Crayons are Still the Bomb

Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Matt Review